PSG keep selling players to stay in line with FFP
The French club are selling off their young players in order to make sure their project remains in tact with no breaches of Financial Fair Play.
PSG keep selling players to remain one step ahead of Financial Fair Play. The goal in recent months was to sell all players who were not indispensable for the money needed to make sure they did not run into problems with UEFA.
It didn't matter that the players were young and might have stellar futures at the French club. PSG's goal is to win the Champions League in the short term. They want to win with the stars they have now (Mbappé, Neymar, Cavani...) and not the stars they will have in the future. They also touched up their squad with depth in Diallo, Sarabia, Bulka, Ander Herrera and Bakker and sold the likes of Lo Celso (22 million), Diaby (15), Nkunku (13), Krychowiak (12) and Weah (10).
Aside from the Polish midfielder, none of those players were over 23. Buffon, Rabiot and Alves also leave for not a single euro as their contracts expired but left big gaps in the wage structure in case of new arrivals.
PSG mortgaging their future for success now
It's the sale of young talents that catch the eye, however, with Nkunku (21 years old), Diaby (19) and Weah (18) being some of the first to leave. Now it's Stanley Nsoki's turn with Le Parisien saying he is one step away from a move to Newcastle. He could leave Ligue 1 for €11 million despite PSG's €15 million valuation of the player. They will keep 20% of his future sell-on value.
As of now, PSG have spent €50 million this summer on Diallo for €32 million and Sarabia for €18 million. They have brought in €72 million as they mortgage their future for the sake of winning now.
Te recomendamos en English
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Khabib reveals Ronaldo's biggest fear for Cristiano Jr.
- NEW MOVIE RELEASES Space Jam 2: release date, trailer, images, cast, plot
- 2021 TAX FILING Tax Return: can I get interest if my refund comes late?
- Coronavirus Blood type might affect covid-19 infection: how and what types?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: how many people will lose out under new income limit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS What is a Head of Household and how does it affect the size of stimulus checks?