Real Madrid: Gareth Bale could miss Audi Cup clash against Tottenham
Gareth Bale trained in the gym on Monday with Luka Jovic, which could be he will be left out of the list for tomorrow Audi Cup meeting with Spurs in Munich.
Gareth Bale didn't train with his team mates on the eve of Tuesday's Audi Cup game against his old club, Tottenham. According to Real Madrid's website, Bale trained in the gym alongside Luka Jovic. Jovic, who has been nursing a knock to his left ankle, is ruled out of the Spurs game but Bale isn't believed to have any fitness problems.
Could Bale leave Madrid this week?
His absence from the morning session implies that he will not be included in Zidane's squad for the second time this summer and could also mean that his days at Real Madrid are almost at an end. The Welsh forward was believed to be close to completing a move to China to Jiangsu Suning, although negotiations were reported to have broken down at the weekend. If Bale does end up moving to the Chinese Super League, the operation must be concluded ahead of transfer deadline day on Wednesday (31 July).
Also absent from today's session were Raphaël Varane, who worked apart from the rest. Fede Valverde was back under Zidane's orders - as were Casemiro, Militão and James all of whom are back from their holidays. The trio completed the warm-up with the squad then spent the remainder of the session performing light jogging and ball work. Also taking part in today's workout were Kubo and youth team players Seoane, De la Fuente, Javi Hernández and Miguel Gutiérrez.
Te recomendamos en English
- EGYPT Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
- NETHERLANDS Koeman: "Depay leaving Lyon would be better for Netherlands
- ATLÉTICO MADRID "I didn't want to leave home" - Morata recalls darker days at Chelsea
- EURO 2020 Leaks of Sterling-Gomez brawl worries England boss Southgate
- ENGLAND Vardy is his own person - Chilwell on Leicester team mate's England future
- LALIGA Real Madrid oppose staging Villarreal-Atleti game in Miami