Cristiano, Pérez in first photos together since star's Juve move
The pair greeted each other warmly at the 'MARCA Leyenda' award ceremony, where Cristiano Ronaldo picked up a career achievement accolade.
It was one of the evening's most anticipated moments.
Cristiano Ronaldo was presented with the 'MARCA Leyenda' career achievement award in the Spanish capital on Monday, in a ceremony that saw the Portuguese star and Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez come face to face in public for the first time since the player's departure for Juventus last summer.
Pérez and Ronaldo greeted each other warmly and chatted briefly on stage at the Teatro Reina Victoria, before posing for photographs with the forward's agent, Jorge Mendes.
"Sign him again, presi!"
Some of those in attendance at the ceremony even took advantage of the reunion to urge Pérez to bring the 34-year-old back to the Santiago Bernabéu, shouting: "Sign him again, presi!"
As he left the event, Pérez told AStv: "I wouldn't have missed this; I'm a fan of Cristiano. He's the best. We'll always miss him..."
Pérez avoids Bale future questions
Meanwhile, the Madrid chief refused to answer questions about the future of Gareth Bale, whose proposed move to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning appears to have fallen through.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona