PSG snap up Everton midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye
Idrissa Gueye has long been linked with Paris Saint-Germain and the Ligue 1 champions have finally sealed a deal for the Everton midfielder.
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the signing of midfielder Idrissa Gana Gueye from Everton for a reported €32million. The 29-year-old, who passed a medical in Paris on Monday, joins the Ligue 1 champions on a four-year deal.
Gueye completes dream move to Paris
PSG were strongly linked with a move for Senegal international Gueye during the January transfer window. Everton were able to hold on to the former Lille and Aston Villa player for the rest of the campaign and manager Marco Silva had hoped he could convince the player to stay. But a dream move to Paris was always the player's ambition and PSG have now got their man - their sixth new addition of the summer.
"I feel tremendous pride in joining Paris Saint-Germain," Gueye said. "After remaining focused on the Africa Cup of Nations, I wanted to give new boost to my club career by engaging with Paris Saint-Germain, one of the most structured and ambitious sporting projects in the world. I thank the directors, the coach and his staff for the confidence they have shown in me."
Gueye's arrival will help to address the loss of Adrien Rabiot after the France international joined Juventus on a free transfer. PSG have also brought in Ander Herrera, Pablo Sarabia and Abdou Diallo ahead of the 2019-20 season, with Moussa Diaby, Christopher Nkunku and Timothy Weah among the fringe players to depart.
Everton, for whom Gueye made 108 competitive appearances, have denied the money will be used to mount a second bid for Wilfried Zaha after Crystal Palace rejected their opening offer, which was said to be worth £52m. "A bid was made over the weekend which was turned down. Both clubs agreed that was the end of the matter," the Goodison Park side said in a statement circulated on Monday.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Will there be another stimulus check in June?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Mark Zuckerberg explains why Facebook didn’t do anything about Trump’s post
- Coronavirus Stimulus Check: What is the IRS saying about those who haven’t received their payment
- GEORGE FLOYD George Floyd death: what are the charges for third-degree murder and manslaughter?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today