JUVENTUS | MAN UTD
Dybala's agent meets Man United representatives in London
The Argentine striker's agent has met with Man United representatives amid reports Juventus and the English club are discussing a swap deal involving Romelu Lukaku.
Paulo Dybala’s agent has met with representatives of Manchester United in London to discuss the possibility of a swap deal involving the Juventus striker and Romelu Lukaku, according to reports that have emerged in Italy.
Belgian centre forward Lukaku is understood to be eager to secure an exit from Old Trafford, where he lost his position as first-choice striker to Marcos Rashford last season under coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Inter Milan were the early frontrunners to sign the 26-year-old forward. But while Inter have been reluctant to meet United’s demands of £80 million (87 million euros), their Serie A rivals have swooped in and with the prospective offer of a player who has been on the Red Devil’s agenda for quite some time and would serve as a direct replacement for Lukaku.
Juve also offer Mandzukic as part of Lukaku deal
After a poor performance last season, Dybala is understood to be deemed surplus to requirements at the Juventus Stadium. Although the Argentine striker was reportedly hoping for a fresh opportunity under new coach Maurizio Sarri and would ultimately still prefer to stay in Turin.
However if his agent can agree satisfactory terms with United, it would allow Juventus and the Old Trafford board to move forward on the proposed swap deal, in which the Italian club are also reportedly willing to include Mario Mandzukic plus £10 million (11 million euros).
Meanwhile other reports in the UK have claimed that Juventus decided to move forward with the Lukaku operation after approval was given by club talisman Cristiano Ronaldo, whose arrival coincided with Dybala’s dip in form last season.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"