Malcom misses training as he seals Zenit switch
The Brazilian was given permission to miss training as he closes in on a move to Zenit after a very disappointing season at Barcelona.
Zenit's signing of Malcom is imminent. The Brazilian will leave Barcelona after just a year after the club allowed him permission to miss Thursday morning's training session in order to seal the deal with the Russian side.
The deal will cost Zenit €40 million with the chance for Barcelona to make €5 million in variables. After pipping Roma to the signing of Malcom, the move has been nothing short of a disaster for the player and the club with Valverde never placing confidence in him and Malcom never getting the continuity he yearned for last season.
His sting at Barcelona will be just as brief as that of Paulinho. They both spent just a season at the club and while Paulinho's departure was bitter, Malcom's was more disappointing that anything.
With the exit of Malcom, the squad currently has 21 players in it. That does not include Wagué eventual rise into the first team and the addition of a left-back to add competition for Jordi Alba.
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu