Malcom misses training as he seals Zenit switch
The Brazilian was given permission to miss training as he closes in on a move to Zenit after a very disappointing season at Barcelona.
Zenit's signing of Malcom is imminent. The Brazilian will leave Barcelona after just a year after the club allowed him permission to miss Thursday morning's training session in order to seal the deal with the Russian side.
The deal will cost Zenit €40 million with the chance for Barcelona to make €5 million in variables. After pipping Roma to the signing of Malcom, the move has been nothing short of a disaster for the player and the club with Valverde never placing confidence in him and Malcom never getting the continuity he yearned for last season.
His sting at Barcelona will be just as brief as that of Paulinho. They both spent just a season at the club and while Paulinho's departure was bitter, Malcom's was more disappointing that anything.
With the exit of Malcom, the squad currently has 21 players in it. That does not include Wagué eventual rise into the first team and the addition of a left-back to add competition for Jordi Alba.
Te recomendamos en English
- VACCINE NEWS What is a cerebral venous sinus thrombosis? Blood clot symptons and causes
- Real Madrid Zidane says Real Madrid want Champions League and LaLiga
- Tax Day Will the 2021 tax deadline be extended again?
- MLB MLB round-up: Dream start to MLB career continues for Baddoo, Giolioto-Bieber will be one to watch for years
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK When are the remaining stimulus check and 'plus-up' payments arriving?
- American Rescue Plan When will child tax credit be sent?