Malcom misses training as he seals Zenit switch
The Brazilian was given permission to miss training as he closes in on a move to Zenit after a very disappointing season at Barcelona.
Zenit's signing of Malcom is imminent. The Brazilian will leave Barcelona after just a year after the club allowed him permission to miss Thursday morning's training session in order to seal the deal with the Russian side.
The deal will cost Zenit €40 million with the chance for Barcelona to make €5 million in variables. After pipping Roma to the signing of Malcom, the move has been nothing short of a disaster for the player and the club with Valverde never placing confidence in him and Malcom never getting the continuity he yearned for last season.
His sting at Barcelona will be just as brief as that of Paulinho. They both spent just a season at the club and while Paulinho's departure was bitter, Malcom's was more disappointing that anything.
With the exit of Malcom, the squad currently has 21 players in it. That does not include Wagué eventual rise into the first team and the addition of a left-back to add competition for Jordi Alba.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford