Van Gaal criticises Pep: "He couldn't win at the very top with Bayern or City"
The Dutch manager gave an interview to France Football and he criticised Pep Guardiola for his in ability to win the Champions League with Bayern or City.
Louis van Gaal has criticised Pep Guardiola in an interview with France Football and says Champions League victories count for more than league titles.
"Winning the Premier League for the second time is fantastic," he said. "Guardiola won everything he could win but at the highest level in the Champions League, he didn't win with City or with Bayern."
The former Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona and Manchester United manager was also critical of Erik Ten Hag, the current ajax manager.
"It's a consequence of being too worried about the way you play and not enough about your opponent. You have to respect your rival. Guardiola and Ten Hag have a lot of quality compared to their rivals but this doesn't apply in the Champions League," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién has a defensive problem he needs to fix
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: James can't find his place
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool: 4 teams who won the league with 5 games to spare
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp: "Impossible to have the dominance United once had"
- REAL MADRID - SEVILLA Sevilla visit the Bernabéu on the back of 12 losses in a row there
- FOOTBALL Mourinho not happy with Conte for speaking publicly about Eriksen