Van Gaal criticises Pep: "He couldn't win at the very top with Bayern or City"
The Dutch manager gave an interview to France Football and he criticised Pep Guardiola for his in ability to win the Champions League with Bayern or City.
Louis van Gaal has criticised Pep Guardiola in an interview with France Football and says Champions League victories count for more than league titles.
"Winning the Premier League for the second time is fantastic," he said. "Guardiola won everything he could win but at the highest level in the Champions League, he didn't win with City or with Bayern."
The former Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona and Manchester United manager was also critical of Erik Ten Hag, the current ajax manager.
"It's a consequence of being too worried about the way you play and not enough about your opponent. You have to respect your rival. Guardiola and Ten Hag have a lot of quality compared to their rivals but this doesn't apply in the Champions League," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs, pots & finals draw: teams, dates, times...
- BAYERN MUNICH Pochettino-Bayern links re-intensify in Germany
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane could see James' injury coming
- BRAZIL Tite responds to criticism of Rodrygo's lack of playing time
- LALIGA Gareth Bale 'in that order' flag inspires Spanish football
- REAL MADRID José Mourinho to open Spurs escape hatch for Gareth Bale