Van Gaal criticises Pep: "He couldn't win at the very top with Bayern or City"
The Dutch manager gave an interview to France Football and he criticised Pep Guardiola for his in ability to win the Champions League with Bayern or City.
Louis van Gaal has criticised Pep Guardiola in an interview with France Football and says Champions League victories count for more than league titles.
"Winning the Premier League for the second time is fantastic," he said. "Guardiola won everything he could win but at the highest level in the Champions League, he didn't win with City or with Bayern."
The former Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona and Manchester United manager was also critical of Erik Ten Hag, the current ajax manager.
"It's a consequence of being too worried about the way you play and not enough about your opponent. You have to respect your rival. Guardiola and Ten Hag have a lot of quality compared to their rivals but this doesn't apply in the Champions League," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG - REAL MADRID Official: PSG's Cavani and Mbappé to miss Real Madrid game
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Liverpool are the team to beat in Europe, says Napoli coach Ancelotti
- BAYERN MUNICH Coutinho: "Bayern is more of a close-knit family than my previous clubs"
- FIFA CLUB WORLD CUP Liverpool could face Mexico's Monterrey in Club World Cup semi-final
- REAL MADRID Ødegaard: "I felt it wouldn't be good for me to go back to Real Madrid"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Messi challenge is what Dortmund want – Reus