Mbappé: "I want Neymar to stay with us"
The French striker spoke about Neymar's possible departure but said he has a good relationship with him and spoke to him about interest from Barcelona.
Kylian Mbappé and Thomas Tuchel spoke to the press ahead of the France Super Cup on Saturday in China. The central theme of the press conference was Neymar's future and the French striker says he wants the Brazilian to stay.
"Neymar? I don't what him to go, I want him to stay with us. I have spoken with him. We have a relationship based on respect and honesty and I respect and admire him a lot," Mbappé said. "I told him what I was thinking about the situation."
He was also asked about Edinson Cavani, who could also be on the way out. "I want to play with the best players and Cavani is one of them," he said.
Tuchel was also more optimistic about Neymar than he has been in recent weeks and says his player is in good form. "Neymar is at a really high level," he said. "His state of mind is really good. He is suspended and won't play but he is with us."
The German manager also said Draxler would not be available for the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL Bale starts for Wales 34 days after last game
- REAL MADRID Karim Benzema vs. French FA wrangle intensifies
- SERIE A Lukaku contradicts Solskjaer: "He wanted me to stay"
- Alonso: I left Real Madrid because of Guardiola
- 'They make everything easy' - Liverpool star Mane hails Salah and Firmino
- BARCELONA Griezmann's former agent weighs in on Barcelona struggles