Mbappé: "I want Neymar to stay with us"
The French striker spoke about Neymar's possible departure but said he has a good relationship with him and spoke to him about interest from Barcelona.
Kylian Mbappé and Thomas Tuchel spoke to the press ahead of the France Super Cup on Saturday in China. The central theme of the press conference was Neymar's future and the French striker says he wants the Brazilian to stay.
"Neymar? I don't what him to go, I want him to stay with us. I have spoken with him. We have a relationship based on respect and honesty and I respect and admire him a lot," Mbappé said. "I told him what I was thinking about the situation."
He was also asked about Edinson Cavani, who could also be on the way out. "I want to play with the best players and Cavani is one of them," he said.
Tuchel was also more optimistic about Neymar than he has been in recent weeks and says his player is in good form. "Neymar is at a really high level," he said. "His state of mind is really good. He is suspended and won't play but he is with us."
The German manager also said Draxler would not be available for the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"