Ribéry heading for the desert
As reported by Germany’s Bild newspaper, Ribéry will sign for a club in either Saudi Arabia or Qatar and will announce his final decision this Friday.
The future of one of Bayern Munich's eternal icons finally seems to have been clarified.
After a speculated move to Eintracht of Frankfurt didn’t materialise, Franck Ribéry is now reportedly set to head to the Gulf to see out the final years of his career.
As reported by Germany’s Bild newspaper, Ribéry will sign for a club in either Saudi Arabia or Qatar and will announce his final decision this Friday. The former France international has already undergone a medical in Munich over the past few days and the only thing pending is his signature.
Bayern look to replace Ribéry-Robben wing partnership
The Bayern legend left the club in June after 425 appearances over twelve years, during which he won nine Bundesliga titles and formed part of the most dangerous wing partnerships in history alongside Arjen Robben.
The Dutchman also played his last season for Bayern but has already said he will not continue as he wanted to finish his career at the highest level. Bayern are currently looking to replace the almost unreplaceable pair, with Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry, already-in-house Kingsley Coman and Man City’s Leroy Sané being the most likely candidates.
Te recomendamos en English
- DONALD TRUMP Trump lands in Florida: what will he do next?
- Olympic Games Japan accepts Olympic Games will be cancelled
- CORNELLÀ 0-2 BARCELONA Koeman: "No Barça player should miss two penalties in the same match"
- US NEWS Amazon offer to help Biden administration with Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find him and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates: Biden plan, when could it arrive