Junior ready for medical as Barcelona strike deal with Betis
Barcelona are set to land a left-back to add competition for Jordi Alba as Ernesto Valverde looks to firm up his squad options ahead of the season opener.
Junior Firpo is very close to becoming a Barcelona player, sources from the club have told AS. The deal is not done just yet but Mundo Deportivo are sure that there is agreement and the left-back could be set for a medical on Saturday afternoon in Barcelona.
The deal will be worth €25 million and the player will sign for five years. In the end, Miranda will not be part of the deal, which had been mentioned as a possibility, with Barcelona able to come up with the required €18 million with another €7 million built in as add-ons.
Left-back a priority for Valverde this summer
Junior will add depth at left-back after a season where Jordi Alba was the only player in the squad who could offer consistency at the position. Alba finally has competition with some within the club believing he slackened off last season after signing a new deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Madrid board angry with Zidane's rest day decision ahead of Sevilla clash
- Capello backs De Ligt to shine at Juventus
- Premier League holds talks with Twitter over racism
- REAL MADRID Mourinho rules out Madrid return because Zidane is already in place
- Hudson-Odoi relishing 'more positive vibe' at Lampard's Chelsea
- BARCELONA Valverde to debut his star trio against Granada