Junior ready for medical as Barcelona strike deal with Betis
Barcelona are set to land a left-back to add competition for Jordi Alba as Ernesto Valverde looks to firm up his squad options ahead of the season opener.
Junior Firpo is very close to becoming a Barcelona player, sources from the club have told AS. The deal is not done just yet but Mundo Deportivo are sure that there is agreement and the left-back could be set for a medical on Saturday afternoon in Barcelona.
The deal will be worth €25 million and the player will sign for five years. In the end, Miranda will not be part of the deal, which had been mentioned as a possibility, with Barcelona able to come up with the required €18 million with another €7 million built in as add-ons.
Left-back a priority for Valverde this summer
Junior will add depth at left-back after a season where Jordi Alba was the only player in the squad who could offer consistency at the position. Alba finally has competition with some within the club believing he slackened off last season after signing a new deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win