Junior Firpo: Barcelona agree 30m-euro deal for Betis full-back
Ernesto Valverde has found cover for Jordi Alba at left-back in the form of Junior Firpo, who will sign a five-year contract at Barcelona.
Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign defender Junior Firpo from Real Betis for a fee potentially rising to 30 million euros.
Left-back to sign five-year deal at LaLiga champions
The Spain Under-21 international is set to ink a five-year contract at Camp Nou, which includes a buyout clause of 200m euros.
LaLiga champions Barça have paid 18m euros up front, with a further 12m potentially due in add-ons.
While comfortable in multiple positions, 22-year-old Junior will primarily be expected to provide cover for Jordi Alba at left-back.
Ernersto Valverde reportedly considered Bayern Munich star David Alaba before deciding on Junior as a more cost-effective option.
Junior scored for Betis against Barcelona last season
He made 24 appearances in LaLiga last season and scored three times, including once in a 4-3 victory for Betis at Camp Nou in November.
"What I cannot deny is that it is an honour and a source of pride to be associated with Barcelona, which is a great club and has a great team," Junior last month told Mundo Deportivo when asked about the possibility of a transfer.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Madrid Eden Hazard on the bench for LaLiga clash vs. Levante
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Valencia: how and where to watch - times, tv, online
- Liverpool Salah video post laughs off alleged tension with Mane
- RCD MALLORCA Kubo makes home LaLiga debut as Mallorca draw
- Serie A Sarri responds after Emre Can omission outburst
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: Zidane brushes off Bale's "scapegoat" claim