Junior Firpo: Barcelona agree 30m-euro deal for Betis full-back
Ernesto Valverde has found cover for Jordi Alba at left-back in the form of Junior Firpo, who will sign a five-year contract at Barcelona.
Barcelona have agreed a deal to sign defender Junior Firpo from Real Betis for a fee potentially rising to 30 million euros.
Left-back to sign five-year deal at LaLiga champions
The Spain Under-21 international is set to ink a five-year contract at Camp Nou, which includes a buyout clause of 200m euros.
LaLiga champions Barça have paid 18m euros up front, with a further 12m potentially due in add-ons.
While comfortable in multiple positions, 22-year-old Junior will primarily be expected to provide cover for Jordi Alba at left-back.
Ernersto Valverde reportedly considered Bayern Munich star David Alaba before deciding on Junior as a more cost-effective option.
Junior scored for Betis against Barcelona last season
He made 24 appearances in LaLiga last season and scored three times, including once in a 4-3 victory for Betis at Camp Nou in November.
"What I cannot deny is that it is an honour and a source of pride to be associated with Barcelona, which is a great club and has a great team," Junior last month told Mundo Deportivo when asked about the possibility of a transfer.
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO The "big five" pull off first European clean sweep
- PORTUGAL Villas-Boas: "My Porto side was practically pornographic"
- Premier League Pep Guardiola has get out of Manchester free card
- Champions League Mbappé, Felix, Fati, Vinicius... Generation Z shines in UCL
- Barcelona | Neymar case Neymar's Barcelona relationship fine despite lawsuit, says father
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group