Inter: Conte cull begins as Nainggolan joins Cagliari
A year after joining Inter from Roma, the Belgian midfielder officially departs San Siro for a second spell with fellow Serie A side Cagliari.
Radja Nainggolan has left Inter to re-join Serie A counterparts Cagliari for the 2019-20 season after spending just one campaign at San Siro.
The Belgian midfielder, who played for Cagliari for four years before joining Roma in 2014, has put pen to paper on a one-year loan deal.
Nainggolan, a €38million signing from Roma in June 2018, was restricted to 22 league starts in an injury-plagued 2018-19 and failed to make much of an impact.
Icardi to follow Nainggolan out of San Siro
Inter chief executive Giuseppe Marotta informed the 31-year-old last month he and Mauro Icardi were free to find new clubs, with head coach Antonio Conte deeming him surplus to requirements.
A number of teams reportedly showed an interest in Nainggolan, most notably Fiorentina, but Cagliari have agreed a deal to sign him.
Nainggolan's return to the Sardegna Arena comes three weeks on from Inter signing midfielder Nicolo Barella from Cagliari on loan with an obligation to buy for a reported €50m.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will we get $1400 | House passed $1.9 trillion bill: live
- PREMIER LEAGUE We were lucky - City boss praises West Ham after landmark win
- BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings after comfortable Sevilla win
- NFL Is a trade between Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott possible?
- NBA Raptors roll on as Spain coach Scariolo fills in for absent Nurse
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS House approves Biden relief bill: what are the next steps and when will stimulus check will passed?