Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo gives Icardi move the thumbs-up
La Gazzetta dello Sport reoprts that the Juventus forward is keen on linking up with the Inter striker at the Allianz Stadium next season.
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly given his backing to a move for Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi as Juventus seek a number nine to play alongside the Portuguese next season as Maurizio Sarri attempts to break the Old Lady’s Champions League hoodoo.
With Moise Kean having departed for Everton, question marks over the future of Mario Mandzukic, who has been linked with Manchester United, and the likely departure of Gonzalo Higuaín this summer, Juve are in need of a proven goal-scorer to play as a foil to Ronaldo and Icardi appears to fit the bill.
Icardi not in Conte's plans at Inter
A series of incidents last season - including a run-in with the club’s fans, being stripped of the captaincy and a long-running contract dispute that saw the Argentinean forward removed from the first team – have ensured that Icardi is not in Antonio Conte’s plans for 2019-20.
Paulo Dybala has also been linked with a move away from Juventus after being played out of position for most of last season and should that come to pass Sarri will be extremely light on options up front as Juve prepare to defend their Serie A title.
And according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ronaldo has told the Juve board that he sees a partnership with Icardi as ideal and Inter will be more than willing to do business for a player who has burned his bridges in Milan while Sarri is also keen on bringing in the 26-year-old.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year