Real Madrid: Three players in Gazzetta's 20 best U-20 starlets
In its magazine Sportweek, the newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport has compiled a list of the world's top under-20 footballers.
In its weekly magazine Sportweek, the Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport has published a ranking of the best under-20 footballers in the world today, with two Real Madrid players making the top 10.
Sancho leads list as Vinicius and Rodrygo both make top 10
Signed by the LaLiga giants with a view to becoming long-term fixtures in the side's attack, 45m-euro Brazilians Vinicius and Rodrygo sit fourth and eighth, respectively, in a list that is topped by Borussia Dortmund's England winger Jadon Sancho.
De Ligt and Havertz complete under-20 podium
Juventus and Netherlands defender Matthijs de Ligt is second, with Bayer Leverkusen's German international midfielder Kai Havertz completing the podium.
Also in Sportweek's top 10 are Atlético Madrid's Joao Félix (fifth), AC Milan's Gianluigi Donnarumma (sixth), Manchester City's Phil Foden (seventh), Ryan Sessegnon of Fulham (ninth) and Milan's Rafael Leao (10th).
Spain's highest-placed player, Real Madrid's Brahim Díaz, is down in 17th position, while Valencia's Ferrán Torres and Barcelona's Riqui Puig, who are 35th and 39th, respectively, are the two other Spaniards included in the ranking.
Madrid's Japanese starlet Kubo ranked 27th
Another notable presence in the list is Madrid's recent Japanese signing Takefusa Kubo. The attacking midfielder, who has impressed in his opening run-outs for Los Blancos this pre-season, is ranked 27th.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPA LEAGUE Getafe beat Trabzonspor on their return to European football
- BARCELONA Barcelona's great challenge is to "reduce salary spend by €18m"
- BARCELONA Valverde asked Barcelona to sign Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: just 6 clean sheets in all competitions in 2019
- REAL MADRID Rivaldo says Madrid "escaped a historic beating" against PSG
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid fans believe Zidane is to blame