Tottenham make offer for Coutinho
Spurs have reportedly made a loan bid for the out-of-favour Barcelona midfielder after local rivals Arsenal turned down an offer to take the player.
A return to the Premier League could be on the cards for Philippe Coutinho.
Since making the 145-million-euro switch to Barcelona from Liverpool, the Brazilian midfielder has had an underwhelming 18 months at the Camp Nou and the club are happy to let him leave on loan.
The player himself is also open to moving on, with his agents currently looking at suitors in the Premier League.
And after Arsenal turned down an opportunity to sign the 27-year-old, their North London rivals Tottenham have made a loan bid for the out-of-favour Barcelona striker, according to reports in England.
Sources close to The Times have told the newspaper that Barcelona will look for at least 23 million euros in any loan deal for Coutinho, who briefly worked with Spurs coach Maurizio Pochettino when the two were at Espanyol.
Will we see Philippe Coutinho at the Tottenham Stadium in 2019-20? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/pHMT0nmxTb— Goal (@goal) August 6, 2019
Coutinho could be cover for Eriksen
Spurs apparent sudden interest in Coutinho could be due to the fact the club are looking for cover to fill the possible gap left by Christian Eriksen, who is rumoured to be close to agreeing a switch to Manchester United.
Were Coutinho to join Pochettino’s side, he would become Spurs' third acquisition of the summer transfer window after teenager Jack Clarke (Leeds, 11 million euros) and 22-year-old French midfielder Tanguy Ndombélé, who became the club's record signing after he completed his 60-million-move from Lyon last month.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor