Kubo, Rodrygo to play with Castilla as they miss Zidane's squad
Zidane has left Kubo and Rodrygo out of Real Madrid's squad for the Red Bull Salzburg game as it appears they will play with Real Madrid Castilla this year.
Real Madrid have announced their squad list to play against Red Bull Salzburg on Wednesday. Kubo and Rodrygo were left off by Zinedine zidane and will play with Castilla against Alcorcon at the Alfredo di Stefano stadium in Valdebebas on the same night the first team play in Austria.
Kubo has been one of the sensations of the preseason with very few players acquitting themselves well over the course of the summer. He will start the season, however, under Raul at Real Madrid Castilla. "The idea is that it will be good to see Kubo at Castilla and with us, training with us, to see how he fites in," said Zidane. "He is a player of the fuure, very young, like Rodrygo, like Vinicius, and you have to go slow with them."
The Japanese attacker has also been registered to play with the Juvenil A team at Real Madrid as the club leave plenty of room for him to move up and down the ranks without putting too much pressure on him.
Despite spending €40 million on Rodrygo, he too will start the season with Real Madrid's reserves. He said at his presentation that "I have come to be available for the club, for the first team, for Castilla...."
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"