Lewandowski: Sané not enough for Bayern's summer business
Bayern Munich need to get busy in the transfer market, according to star striker Robert Lewandowski, with Arjen Robben, James and Franck Ribéry departed.
Robert Lewandowski believes signing Leroy Sané would still leave Bayern Munich needing another two new additions in attack.
The Bundesliga champions have until September 2 to reinforce their squad following the departures of Franck Ribéry, Arjen Robben and James Rodríguez, the latter having returned to Real Madrid after a two-season loan spell.
Teenager Jann-Fiete Arp is the only forward to arrive at Allianz Arena since the end of last season.
Manchester City winger and long-time target Sané would tick one box but star striker Lewandowski advised Bayern against narrowing their focus in the transfer market.
"I think we need three new players," Lewandowski told Sport Bild.
"Even if Sané comes, we need another winger. Maybe also a number six or attacking midfielder.
"We lost three players in attack with Franck Ribéry, Arjen Robben and James and so far we have not made a new signing there."
Bayern boss Niko Kovac apologised to City counterpart Pep Guardiola last week after publicly stating he was confident of signing Sane.
The Germany international is contracted until June 2021 but the Premier League champions have been frustrated in their attempts to extend his deal.
Bayern have also been linked to Real Madrid outcast Gareth Bale and Ajax winger Hakim Ziyech.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension