Esperance de Tunis declared African Champions League winners
Esperance have been declared African Champions League winners after the finding by the Confederation of African Football’s disciplinary committee on Wednesday.
Tunisian club Esperance de Tunis have been declared African Champions League winners after the Confederation of African Football’s disciplinary committee on Wednesday found opponents Wydad Casablanca guilty of abandoning the second leg of the final in May.
This reverses an earlier decision by the CAF executive committee to order a replay of the second leg, in which the Moroccan side refused to play on after a VAR controversy.
Both clubs had appealed to the Court of Arbitration in Sport, which last week found that the CAF executive committee’s decision was wrong and ordered the case to be heard by CAF’s disciplinary committee.
Both clubs were also fined after a hearing in Cairo on Wednesday
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool? Tielemans brushes off transfer speculation
- Premier League When are the Premier League 2021/22 fixtures announced?
- NBA Bucks vs Nets Game 5: how and where to watch - online, TV
- NBA playoffs 2021 76ers' Embiid has knee troubles in loss to Hawks
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Spain poor at both ends of the pitch against Sweden