Real Madrid deep in talks for Neymar - reports
Real Madrid are reportedly in advanced talks with PSG to sign Neymar in a sensational bid to snatch the Brazilian from under the noses of arch rivals Barcelona.
Real Madrid are in talks with PSG to sign wantaway star Neymar, according to several reports coming from the UK and Spain.
The Brazilian striker was hopeful of a return to Camp Nou, but with that move now looking off the table, Barca’s arch rivals have reportedly come in with a bid for the 27-year-old.
Spanish outlet El Chiringuito has reported that talks between PSG and Real are advancing, while Catalan daily Sport claims its sources close to negotiations have confirmed that Los Blancos have offered the Parisian club 120 million euros plus Ballon d’Or winner Luka Modric in exchange for Neymar.
Real Madrid are in talks with Paris Saint-Germain over the signing of Neymar, according to Sky Sources— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) August 7, 2019
Neymar could be Real Madrid alternative to Pogba
Real have already spent over 300 million euros this summer on the likes of Eden Hazard, Ferland Mendy and Luka Jovic. But the club are still keen to add one more marquee signing to Zinedine Zidane’s squad before the transfer window closes, particularly after a rather disappointing pre-season so far.
The French coach’s number one choice is Manchester United’s Paul Pogba. But should that operation fail, Neymar could be deemed a fitting alternative to the Frenchman, whom United have been incredibly reluctant to sell throughout the summer.
PSG have tired of Neymar’s attitude and are happy to let him go to a club willing to meet their valuation. The French Champions have already offered him to Manchester United and Juventus, but neither club was interested.
Meanwhile, Madrid have been more responsive, with president Florentino Peréz reportedly having already contacted the player to offer him a five-year deal that would match his salary at PSG.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Saúl's 'new club' tweet raises hopes for Man United fans
- George Floyd Al-Qaeda, ISIS, IRA...the complete list of terrorist groups in the US
- Coronavirus Stimulus checks: Plain envelopes are also official and not junk mail, IRS said
- George Floyd Protests Who is Jaylen Brown and what's his role in the George Floyd movement?