Manchester City secure Joao Cancelo signing
Joao Cancelo has swapped Juventus for Manchester City, with Danilo heading in the opposite direction to the Serie A champions.
Manchester City have completed the signing of Portugal international full-back Joao Cancelo from Juventus in a deal that sees Danilo move in the opposite direction.
Cancelo, 25, has signed a six-year contract at the Etihad Stadium after just a single season at Juve.
After spending the 2017-18 season on loan at Inter from Valencia, Juve made a move and brought Cancelo to Turin for €40.4million.
He enjoyed a fine season as the Old Lady won the Serie A title, producing a number of high-quality performances on the right flank, with his dribbling and driving runs into the attacking third catching the eye.
"City are a fantastic club, with a brilliant manager and I am delighted to be here," Cancelo told City's website. "Everything about them has impressed me, from the facilities, to their style of play.
"I am always looking to develop my game and win trophies and I believe I can do that here, so now I'm really looking forward to the new season and testing myself in the Premier League."
We’ve got our man!— Manchester City (@ManCity) August 7, 2019
Welcome to the Champions, João Cancelo!
City had been linked with a move for him for much of the transfer window, apparently having had an offer rejected earlier in the close season.
New Juve coach Maurizio Sarri was said to have approved the sale of Cancelo even before he took over from Massimiliano Allegri in June.
Cancelo will compete with Kyle Walker for the right-back spot, unless the latter is used in a central role, while he can also offer cover on the left.
Danilo, meanwhile, moves in the other direction, having only featured 34 times in the Premier League during his two seasons at the English club. Juventus revealed the total deal was worth €65m, having paid €37m to bring in the Brazilian defender.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd George Floyd protests: Is kneeling on the neck a legal police tactic?
- George Floyd protests Trump criticises Saints QB Brees for changing stance on kneeling
- Coronavirus Donald Trump links job numbers to a ‘great day’ for George Floyd
- Coronavirus New York records lowest number of daily coronavirus deaths since pandemic started
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd death: what do we know about the four police officers? Charges and backgrounds