David Neres extends Ajax contract
After seeing Frenkie de Jong and Matthijs de Ligt leave, Ajax have been boosted by David Neres signing a contract extension.
David Neres has committed his future to Ajax until June 2023 after signing a one-year contract extension with the Champions League semi-finalists.
The 22-year-old Brazil international, who helped his country to Copa America glory in July, had reportedly drawn interest from Manchester United.
However, Neres showed loyalty to Erik ten Hag's side by signing fresh terms in the aftermath of high-profile departures from Ajax.
Since the Amsterdam club were knocked out of the Champions League at the last-four stage by Tottenham last season, Frenkie de Jong has joined Barcelona and Matthijs de Ligt has moved to Juventus.
Neres has scored 29 goals in 101 first-team matches for Ajax and was twice an Eredivisie runner-up with the club before lifting the title in 2018-19.
He signed his previous contract in September 2018 but has given the Dutch champions a boost by pledging his future for a further year.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Do you need to work to claim the child tax credit?
- EURO 2020 Germany's Goretzka in race against time for Euros
- EUROPA LEAGUE Manchester United: Harry Maguire doubtful for Europa League final
- STIMULUS CHECKS How much were the first, second and third stimulus checks and when were they sent out?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: have all payments been issued and paid?
- BARCELONA Barcelona's continual struggles against top teams