Bright displays but Griezmann yet to find the net for Barça
The French striker has featured in 212 minutes wearing the shirt of his new club but yet to hit the target for the Catalan giants.
Antoine Griezmann has played for 212 pre-season minutes in a Barça shirt with the French international starting games against Chelsea, Vissel Kobe, Arsenal and Napoli. With his hefty transfer fee of 120 million euro and his goal scoring prowess with former club Atlético, Barcelona fans would have expected to see the striker on target during the pre-season activity.
After the Napoli friendly game in Miami, head coach Ernesto Valverde was full of praise for the Frenchman stating that both and Griezmann and striking partner Suarez both played "an excellent first half". For periods of the game in Florida, Griezmann played on the left flank and was presented with a number of half-chances.
Valverde confirmed that the striker will start Saturday's game when they face Napoli again but this time in Michigan. It's expected that the Basque coach will employ a forward line of Dembélé, Griezmann and Luis Suárez. The weekend's game will be the last pre-season test for the Catalan side with domestic league season starting the following weekend as Barça travel to San Mamés and when the expectation levels from Barça fans to see a return from Griezmann will start in earnest.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID I made sure Neymar didn't join Real Madrid - ex-Santos chief
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar