Real Madrid: Modric won't be leaving Bernabéu this summer
Luka Modric's camp has told AS that the Real Madrid midfielder will not be going to PSG as a makeweight in a deal for Neymar.
Luka Modric isn't going anywhere this summer, AS has been told.
Modric not going to PSG in Neymar part-exchange
Despite media reports this week claiming Modric could be used as a makeweight in a deal to take Neymar to the Santiago Bernabéu, the 33-year-old's camp has made it plain to this newspaper that he will still be a Real Madrid player next season.
Modric's absence from the Madrid squad for Wednesday's win over Red Bull Salzburg sparked speculation over his future at the LaLiga giants; however, he did not travel to Austria because of a muscle issue, it has been confirmed.
Signed by Madrid in 2012, he remains very happy at the club and in the Spanish capital, and is fully focused on Los Blancos' preparations for the new campaign.
Still very much part of Real Madrid and Zidane's plans
And as was made clear to Modric in recent conversations with the club, Madrid and their head coach, Zinedine Zidane, still consider him a major part of their plans.
What's more, Modric's status as the current holder of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA The Best awards is a factor that makes it all the more unlikely that Real Madrid would countenance involving him in a part-exchange move for another player.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Granada lead LaLiga on the back of famous Barça win
- Juventus 2-1 Verona Juventus: Buffon matches Maldini appearance record
- SERIE A Inter take the spoils in Milan derby and leapfrog Juventus
- Watford 8-0 Manchester City Watford "scared" of City says Flores after record defeat
- Juventus are a 'team under construction', says coach Sarri
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo: "People are stupid and talk too much"