Real Madrid: Modric won't be leaving Bernabéu this summer
Luka Modric's camp has told AS that the Real Madrid midfielder will not be going to PSG as a makeweight in a deal for Neymar.
Luka Modric isn't going anywhere this summer, AS has been told.
Modric not going to PSG in Neymar part-exchange
Despite media reports this week claiming Modric could be used as a makeweight in a deal to take Neymar to the Santiago Bernabéu, the 33-year-old's camp has made it plain to this newspaper that he will still be a Real Madrid player next season.
Modric's absence from the Madrid squad for Wednesday's win over Red Bull Salzburg sparked speculation over his future at the LaLiga giants; however, he did not travel to Austria because of a muscle issue, it has been confirmed.
Signed by Madrid in 2012, he remains very happy at the club and in the Spanish capital, and is fully focused on Los Blancos' preparations for the new campaign.
Still very much part of Real Madrid and Zidane's plans
And as was made clear to Modric in recent conversations with the club, Madrid and their head coach, Zinedine Zidane, still consider him a major part of their plans.
What's more, Modric's status as the current holder of the Ballon d'Or and FIFA The Best awards is a factor that makes it all the more unlikely that Real Madrid would countenance involving him in a part-exchange move for another player.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times