Official: Lukaku joins Inter Milan
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of Belgain striker Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United for a reported fee of 77 million euros.
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United for a reported 77 million euros.
The Belgian footballer has signed a five-year contract with the Nerazzurri until 30 June, 2024 and will earn a reported 325,000 a week.
The Serie A club broke the news on their Twitter account by posting a short video of their new striker in club's home jersey.
“Inter is not for everyone, that’s why I’m here,” were Lukaku’s first words as an Inter Milan player, making reference to the club’s ‘Not for Everyone’ slogan.
Lukaku has been top target of Inter coach Conte
The news brings to an end one of the biggest transfer soap operas of the summer, with Inter seeing off competition from Serie A rivals Juventus, who came in with a late swap-deal proposal for Manchester United involving Paulo Dybala.
However, that deal fell through due to Dybala’s salary demands, putting Inter back in the driving seat to sign Belgian international Lukaku, who has been high on new coach Antonio Conte’s agenda since he joined the club at the end of May.
With Lukaku to come in as Conte’s first-choice centre forward, Inter will be left to resolve the future of Mauro Icardi, who has been tipped to leave the San Siro for several months following the breakdown in his relationship with the club due to a debacle over his contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane plotting to stop Messi in El Clásico
- Klopp reveals Keita talks over Liverpool role
- Rumour Has It: Juventus offer Haaland €3m per season
- ALFREDO RELAÑO What a weekend for Messi, Luis Suárez and Joaquín...
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup