LA Galaxy: Cristian Pavón handed Landon Donovan's famed No.10 jersey
Los Angeles Galaxy's new Argentine player has been given the squad number which belonged to Captain America and Mexican midfielder, Giovani dos Santos.
Cristian Pavón was announced as a new LA Galaxy player on deadline day after a lengthy negotiations deal with Boca Juniors.
Los Angeles Galaxy released a video through their official twitter account to welcome the new signingwho will inherit the fabled No.10 jersey, which until recently, belonged to Giovani dos Santos.
Cristian Pavón's new number 10 shirt also belonged to 'Captain America,' Landon Donovan, who immortalized it during his first decade with the club. The LA Galaxy legend joined the team in 2004, taking the number 10 shirt that Andreas Herzog had worn. Landon played 315 games, scoring 137 goals becoming one of the top scorers of the MLS, besides winning four league titles and one US Open Cup.
After Donovan, Gio Dos Santos inherited the No.10 shirt, and with it he played 88 games, scoring 28 goals and giving 28 assists. Now it belongs to Cristian Pavon, who has the task of making history just like his predecessors did.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year