LA Galaxy: Cristian Pavón handed Landon Donovan's famed No.10 jersey
Los Angeles Galaxy's new Argentine player has been given the squad number which belonged to Captain America and Mexican midfielder, Giovani dos Santos.
Cristian Pavón was announced as a new LA Galaxy player on deadline day after a lengthy negotiations deal with Boca Juniors.
Los Angeles Galaxy released a video through their official twitter account to welcome the new signingwho will inherit the fabled No.10 jersey, which until recently, belonged to Giovani dos Santos.
Cristian Pavón's new number 10 shirt also belonged to 'Captain America,' Landon Donovan, who immortalized it during his first decade with the club. The LA Galaxy legend joined the team in 2004, taking the number 10 shirt that Andreas Herzog had worn. Landon played 315 games, scoring 137 goals becoming one of the top scorers of the MLS, besides winning four league titles and one US Open Cup.
After Donovan, Gio Dos Santos inherited the No.10 shirt, and with it he played 88 games, scoring 28 goals and giving 28 assists. Now it belongs to Cristian Pavon, who has the task of making history just like his predecessors did.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Kroos is having the best season of his Real Madrid career
- World Cup 2022 Work at the Al Bayt stadium almost complete
- Bundesliga Dortmund: Mourinho in line to replace under-fire Favre
- Champions League Pep Guardiola loses patience with slow Stones
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Spurs squad '1000 per cent' behind Pochettino
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Suárez bids to end away drought: Champions League in numbers