Borussia Dortmund: Zaragoza seal Kagawa on a coup
The Segunda side will hope the Japanese star inspires their return to LaLiga after six years in the Segunda having arrived from the Bundesliga giants.
Shinji Kagawa has left Borussia Dortmund to join Real Zaragoza in Spain's second tier on a permanent deal.
The 30-year-old Japan international has signed a two-year contract at La Romareda, as Los Manos prepare for a seventh successive season away from the top flight.
Attacking midfielder Kagawa joined Dortmund in 2014 for a second spell at the club following an underwhelming-two-year stay at Manchester United.
Initially his return to Dortmund went to plan, playing regularly and often impressing in his first couple of years.
Borussia Dortmund and @RealZaragoza have reached an agreement on the full transfer of Shinji Kagawa.— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) August 9, 2019
After 7 amazing seasons in Dortmund, we say goodbye. Forever a Black and Yellow legend pic.twitter.com/PGJTwkFOPm
But he fell out of favour in the 2016-17 campaign and has failed to turn things around, featuring just twice in the Bundesliga last term before being sent out on loan to Besiktas.
Kagawa had been linked with clubs in LaLiga, particularly Celta Vigo, however a move did not materialise and he has dropped down a tier.
Zaragoza will hope Kagawa proves to be the arrival who inspires a return to the top flight, having been relegated in 2012-13 as an inevitable consequence of years of financial mismanagement.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest