Ajax: Schöne follows De Ligt, De Jong, Wober and sinkgraven
The Dane has brought the curtain down on seven years at Ajax by agreeing to a transfer to Genoa as the Dutch champions continue to be cherry-picked.
Ajax have lost another key member of their run to the Champions League semi-finals last season, with Lasse Schöne departing for Genoa.
The Serie A side are reported to have paid €1.5million to sign the Denmark international, who was in the last year of his contract at Johan Cruijff ArenA.
Experienced midfielder Schöne follows Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Maximilian Wober and Daley Sinkgraven in departing Ajax after their incredible run to the last four of the 2018-19 Champions League, where they lost to Tottenham. Donny van de Beek is also expected to depart the club with Real Madrid interested in the midfielder.
The 33-year-old joined Ajax on a free transfer from NEC Nijmegen in 2012 and went on to make 287 appearances for the club, scoring 64 goals.
Schöne won three Eredivisie titles, the Johann Cruyff Shield twice and one KNVB Beker during his time in the Dutch capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Zidane leaves out Rodrygo, Odriozola, Brahim and Mariano
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp 'gets' Guardiola gag about Liverpool having won the title
- MLS Josef Martinez: De Boer fears 'serious' injury for Atlanta striker
- BARCELONA Barça inquest begins as team "loses its soul" in Granada
- THE BEST Van Dijk favourite to collect FIFA 'The Best' award in Milan
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Goal-shy Atlético with only seven goals in six games