Ajax: Schöne follows De Ligt, De Jong, Wober and sinkgraven
The Dane has brought the curtain down on seven years at Ajax by agreeing to a transfer to Genoa as the Dutch champions continue to be cherry-picked.
Ajax have lost another key member of their run to the Champions League semi-finals last season, with Lasse Schöne departing for Genoa.
The Serie A side are reported to have paid €1.5million to sign the Denmark international, who was in the last year of his contract at Johan Cruijff ArenA.
Experienced midfielder Schöne follows Matthijs de Ligt, Frenkie de Jong, Maximilian Wober and Daley Sinkgraven in departing Ajax after their incredible run to the last four of the 2018-19 Champions League, where they lost to Tottenham. Donny van de Beek is also expected to depart the club with Real Madrid interested in the midfielder.
The 33-year-old joined Ajax on a free transfer from NEC Nijmegen in 2012 and went on to make 287 appearances for the club, scoring 64 goals.
Schöne won three Eredivisie titles, the Johann Cruyff Shield twice and one KNVB Beker during his time in the Dutch capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- Lautaro Martinez 'very happy' at Inter amid Barca links – agent
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus USA Trump executive orders: could it be declared unconstitutional?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: why is there no agreement on a second $1,200 payment?
- CORONAVIRUS Trump executive orders: when does $400 unemployment boost start?
- CORONAVIRUS USA Trump executive orders: when do they come into effect?