Neymar: PSG star faces legal action for Rennes fan assault
L'Equipe reports that the fan who was hit by the Brazilian after PSG's Coupe de France final defeat has lodged a police complaint over the incident.
On the same day that PSG star Neymar expressed his relief that a rape allegation against him had been thrown out by a Brazilian court, LÉquipe has reported that the Rennes fan who was allegedly assaulted after the Coupe de France final on 27 April last season.
PSG lost the game against Rennes on penalties and as the PSG players filed up to collect their losers’ medals a fan set about abusing them, also allegedly aiming racist insults at some of Thomas Tuchel’s squad. Neymar reacted by aiming a hand at the man’s face and now he has decided to take the matter to the French judicial system, accusing Neymar of assault.
Neymar accused of assault by Rennes fan
The Rennes supporter, Identified only as Nelson by LÉquipe, filed a complaint with local magistrates in the northeastern Paris suburb of Bobigny, which is in the Seine-Saint-Denis département on 9 August.
Neymar was handed a three-match ban by the France Football Federation for the incident and will now face the possibility of a court appearance.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022