PSV signs USA youth international, Chris Gloster
The Dutch team has added the American defender to its ranks after Gloster had an amazing performance during the U20 World Cup with the USYNT.
The Dutch club has been following the 19-year-old defender for over a month but were struggling to agree on a fee with Hannover 96, and according to ESPN sources, PSV paid a fee of around $280,000 plus add-ons that could reach $1 million.
The US international talked with the PSV website about reaching the Dutch team where he expressed his excitement. "It's a dream come true that I can sign with such a big club. I am ready for the new season," he said.
Gloster is expected to join the PSV reserve team, with the hope he can establish himself with the squad and reach the first team in the near future. "I chose Europe because they give young players more opportunities here. In America, they look more at the experience and how strong you are. If you're good enough here, it doesn't matter how old you are."
The young defender is a product of the New York Red Bulls academy and joined Bundesliga team, Hannover 96 last season, where he spent most of the campaign with reserve squad.
At an international level, Gloster has 15 appearances with the US Youth National Team, with whom he played at the U20 FIFA World Cup in Poland.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check today: when to expect, Biden relief plan and IRS payment | Live updates
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what tributes and memories have been shared?
- NBA Kobe Bryant death anniversary: what's known about the helicopter crash?
- REAL MADRID Sales and loan deals see Madrid generate €102M for Mbappé
- FOOTBALL 'Daniel Agger' arrested in Moscow protests
- SERIE A Ibrahimovic close to goals milestone ahead of Milan derby