Marcelo: "When Real Madrid don't win it's the end of the world"
The Brazilian spoke to La Gazzeta dello Sport and admitted that Serie A sides had been in touch over a move: "But I love Real Madrid, it's my home."
Real Madrid defender Marcelo has confirmed that he has been the subject of interest from Serie A sides but said that he never considered leaving the Bernabéu.
“The truth is I love Real Madrid, it is my home and the best team in the world. The pressure at Real Madrid can’t be compared to anything else in the world of sport,” the Brazilian told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Marcelo: "This club has given a lot to football, more than it has got back"
“It is true that Italian clubs have occasionally been in contact with me but they were only rumours. I have always felt a connection with Real Madrid and Madridismo,” Marcelo continued, adding: "I like Serie A, it’s a competition that is regaining the prestige and importance of the past.”
On the pressures of playing for Real Madrid, and the accompanying criticism when things don’t go the way the fans at the Bernabéu demand, Marcelo noted: “When Real Madrid don’t win it seems like it’s the end of the world. This club has given a lot to football, more than it has got back. Now we have a good blend of youth and experience. With the correct attitude, we’ll get back to where we were.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BUNDESLIGA Timo Werner: "Only Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are playing at Lewandowski's level"
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo allays fitness fears: "I'm not well. I'm very well"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to improve VAR in-stadium communication with fans
- INTERNATIONAL Marcello Lippi steps down after China's defeat to Syria
- SPAIN-MALTA Sergio Ramos: "Madrid lose out because of Clásico kick-off time"
- BRAZIL-ARGENTINA Brazil-Argentina: Five talking points ahead of the clash in Riyadh