Klopp on why Liverpool didn't parade the Champions League trophy at Anfield
Liverpool beat Norwich 4-1 in the opening game of the Premier League but manager Jürgen Klopp explained why the Champions League trophy was not paraded at Anfield.
Jürgen Klopp insisted there was no reason for Liverpool to parade the Champions League trophy ahead of their win over Norwich City, saying it was time to move on.
New season, new challenges
Liverpool secured their sixth European Cup with a win over Tottenham in the final in Madrid in June. But they opted not to parade the trophy on Friday, when they opened their Premier League campaign with a 4-1 victory over Norwich at Anfield. Asked about that decision, Klopp was seemingly unaware of the possibility, but said he would not have done it anyway.
"Nobody told me I have to. Is that what you do usually? I touched the Euro cup on the matchday there, the day after, and since then not," he told a news conference. "No reason for it, I know how it feels. And people know how it looks. If somebody expected that then somebody should've told me. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have done it anyway, because we are now in the new season. Enough celebration. Nobody has to congratulate me anymore, but still everybody's doing it. I'm really fine with all the things I heard about it, now let's play the new season."
Alisson facing a month out
A calf injury to goalkeeper Alisson soured Liverpool's win, which came thanks to first-half goals from Mohamed Salah, Virgil van Dijk and Divock Origi after Grant Hanley's seventh-minute own goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest