Valverde can cope with Neymar conundrum, says Ancelotti
Napoli head coach Carlo Ancelotti thinks Ernesto Valverde would have a tough time picking his team if Neymar joins Barcelona.
Neymar returning to Camp Nou would give Ernesto Valverde a selection problem but the Barcelona boss would be able to handle the headache, according to Carlo Ancelotti.
Strength in attack
Barça have been linked with a move for their former forward throughout the summer. The LaLiga champions already have plenty of attacking firepower, having added Antoine Griezmann to their frontline roster of Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez, Ousmane Dembélé and Philippe Coutinho. And Ancelotti thinks the addition of another superstar forward would create a tricky balancing act, albeit one Barça boss Valverde is capable of controlling.
"If Neymar arrives, it will not be easy to pick the team," Ancelotti told reporters. "I think Valverde has the ability to manage it because he has done so in the past. But I am of the idea that the team wins, not a single player. It will be important for all of these players to know how to work together."
We meet again
Ancelotti was speaking before Napoli's second successive pre-season friendly against Barça in the United States. The Serie A side lost 2-1 in Wednesday's first encounter and have a chance to bounce back on Saturday in Michigan before their league campaign begins against Fiorentina on 24 August. "I hope to see a repeat of the good things we did in Miami," he added. "The lads showed real character and good ideas. We just need the same again as it's good for our confidence."
Te recomendamos en English
- SPACEFLIGHT SpaceX, NASA launch: new date and why it has been postponed
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Can I refuse to have my temperature taken before work?
- LALIGA LaLiga given green light for Monday and Friday games this season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Four more positive tests in Premier League
- CORONAVIRUS 4th of July 2020: what’s going to happen on Independence Day?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Has Sweden’s herd immunity strategy failed?