Valverde can cope with Neymar conundrum, says Ancelotti
Napoli head coach Carlo Ancelotti thinks Ernesto Valverde would have a tough time picking his team if Neymar joins Barcelona.
Neymar returning to Camp Nou would give Ernesto Valverde a selection problem but the Barcelona boss would be able to handle the headache, according to Carlo Ancelotti.
Strength in attack
Barça have been linked with a move for their former forward throughout the summer. The LaLiga champions already have plenty of attacking firepower, having added Antoine Griezmann to their frontline roster of Lionel Messi, Luis Suárez, Ousmane Dembélé and Philippe Coutinho. And Ancelotti thinks the addition of another superstar forward would create a tricky balancing act, albeit one Barça boss Valverde is capable of controlling.
"If Neymar arrives, it will not be easy to pick the team," Ancelotti told reporters. "I think Valverde has the ability to manage it because he has done so in the past. But I am of the idea that the team wins, not a single player. It will be important for all of these players to know how to work together."
We meet again
Ancelotti was speaking before Napoli's second successive pre-season friendly against Barça in the United States. The Serie A side lost 2-1 in Wednesday's first encounter and have a chance to bounce back on Saturday in Michigan before their league campaign begins against Fiorentina on 24 August. "I hope to see a repeat of the good things we did in Miami," he added. "The lads showed real character and good ideas. We just need the same again as it's good for our confidence."
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year