De Laurentiis hoping to bring Icardi to Napoli
The president of the Neapolitan side is proposing to offer the Argentine striker a salary of 10 million euro per year.
Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is hatching a plan to bring Mauro Icardi to the club report Corriere dello Sport. The 70-year-old executive proposes offering the Argentinian player an attractive pay package of 10 million euro per season in return for the player relinquishing his image rights.
Napoli's sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli has already held a meeting with Wanda Nara, who represents Icardi as well as being the player's partner. Negotiations between both parties have advanced at a favourable rate although the shadow of Juve lurks with it being no secret that the player has no place at Inter under new boss Antonio Conte.
As time ticks down with the Serie A transfer window looming (September 2nd), the player must make a decision with the destinations on offer to the forward being Turin based Juventus or a move to south to Campania with Carlo Ancelotti and Napoli.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year