Sagan Tosu to wear special Fernando Torres shirt in farewell match
The Spanish striker will play his last competitive game ever on August 23 when his J-League side faces Vissel Kobe featuring Andres Iniesta and David Villa.
Fernando Torres will finally hang up his boots on August 23rd with his final match for his current side Sagan Tosu being against J-League rivals Vissel Kobe where both Iniesta and David Villa play. Torres has been instrumental in helping Sagan Tosu design a special commemorative shirt for the occasion with the design being based on a classic retro Atleti away shirt made by Puma from the late 1980s.
Torres claims that this particular Atlético shirt was an all time favourite and he lamented never being able to play in the shirt in question. Sagan Tosu's kit supplier New Balance got to work and produced this one off that will feature in the player's farewell.
Fernando Torres announced his retirement from the game back on June 23rd and plans to return to Madrid to live but will remain as in a long distance advisory capacity with the J-League outfit. "El Niño's" long term plan is to return to his beloved Atlético Madrid in an executive role.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA NBA: Paul George seeking redemption with LA Clippers
- OLYMPIC GAMES Is Naomi Osaka playing at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- UEFA UEFA scraps away-goals rule in European club competitions
- EURO 2020 Daei congratulates Ronaldo after star equals international goals record
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: can it be approved in June? Tax refund, $3,600 Child Tax Credit portal...
- GOLD CUP Is Alphonso Davies playing at the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup?