Zidane: Real Madrid out to limit media duties - for now at least
Madrid are acutely aware of Zinedine Zidane's rising uneasiness during press conferences. He is not likely to speak to the media after the Roma game.
Real Madrid are trying to limit Zinedine Zidane's exposure to the media - at least until the season proper starts next weekend - with the LaLiga giants' head coach not expected to give any interviews after tonight's friendly against Roma.
Club aware of Zidane uneasiness caused chiefly by transfer talk
The club have become acutely aware of the Frenchman's increasing inability to conceal his uneasiness during recent press conferences, particularly when facing questions about possible signings and players tipped to depart the Bernabéu.
During this summer's International Champions Cup, Zidane spoke to the media before matches because this was in Madrid's contract with the tournament organisers. In the Audi Cup, on the other hand, the lack of such a contractual commitment saw him avoid having to give news conferences in the build-up to the games against Tottenham Hotspur and Fenerbahce.
The 47-year-old also did not speak before Wednesday's friendly against Red Bull Salzburg, or on Saturday as Real Madrid prepared for their trip to the Italian capital, in what is Los Blancos' final fixture of the pre-season period.
LaLiga, Champions League commitments harder to sidestep
Once the 2019/20 campaign gets underway, however, the media obligations that Madrid are contractually required to fulfil in both LaLiga and the Champions League mean they will be left with very little room for manoeuvre when it comes to protecting their head coach from such duties.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Tokyo Olympics cancellation remains an option, says top Japanese politician
- NBA Dallas' Doncic on game-winning three-pointer: "Those are the best feelings ever"
- US NEWS A new proposal to revamp unemployment systems and increase benefits announced
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL Derek Chauvin pleads the Fifth Amendment: what is it, and what are the defendant’s rights when they invoke it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Veteran third stimulus check: when is it arriving & how much?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth stimulus check: why could it be unlikely?