Manchester United strike deal to sign Monaco teenager Hannibal Mejbri
Hannibal Mejbri is to join Manchester United from Monaco in a deal worth a reported 9.6 million euos once the transfer has been cleared by FIFA.
Manchester United have agreed a deal with Monaco to take teenage midfielder Hannibal Mejbri to Old Trafford. The France youth international, 16, had been linked with a number of clubs and is reported to be costing United an initial 9.6 million euros.
Mejbri, who represented Monaco in the UEFA Youth League, is awaiting FIFA clearance before completing a move that will see him initially join United's academy ranks. United announced the youngster's imminent arrival on their official website and revealed fellow new recruits Johan Guadagno, Dillon Hoogewerf and Mateo Mejía, all aged 16, have been cleared to play.
Following his transfer to Manchester United, AS Monaco would like to wish Hannibal Mejbri all the best in his future career. pic.twitter.com/jzwDwIt0Jw— AS Monaco EN (@AS_Monaco_EN) August 11, 2019
United boost youth ranks
Goalkeeper Guadagno joined from Swedish side Brommapojkarna and highly-rated forward Hoogewerf arrived from Ajax, where his prolific goals return at under-17 level earned the 16-year-old a promotion to the under-19s last season. Mejía was previously on the books of Real Zaragoza and is said to have also attracted the interest of Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid, Arsenal and Valencia.
Zaragoza denied reports in June that an agreement had been reached with United for the young forward, but his arrival has now been made official. United under-23 duo Paul Woolston and Luca Ercolani have also signed new contracts, the club said.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today, July 6th
- US ELECTION NEWS Kanye West announces he would run for president in 2020
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: when to contact the IRS if payment has not arrived
- coronavirus Coronavirus USA: Can you get Covid-19 twice?
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus check: when could Congress pass it - if it doesn't in August?
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus Check: How could they affect student loans?