Romelu Lukaku bangs in four goals on Inter Milan debut
Three days after completing his reported €80million move from Manchester United, Romelu Lukaku scored four on his first outing for Inter.
Romelu Lukaku marked his first appearance in an Inter Milan shirt by scoring four times in his new side's emphatic win against Virtus Bergamo.
Lukaku runs riots on Inter debut
The Belgium international completed his protracted move from Manchester United on Thursday in a reported €80million deal, ending weeks of speculation. He did not feature at all for United during their pre-season campaign and was left out of Inter's squad for Saturday's friendly with Valencia. However, he was part of a much-changed side that took to the field for a low-intensity encounter against Serie D minnows Bergamo on Sunday.
Handed the number nine jersey, previously warn by Mauro Icardi, Lukaku made a good first impression as he netted half of Inter's goals in an 8-0 thrashing. Matias Vecino and Sebastiano Esposito, two other players in need of minutes, scored braces to complete the rout.
Leece at home on the opening day
Inter begin their Serie A campaign with a home match against Lecce on 26 August.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?