Atlanta United, Josef Martinez earns a new MLS record
The Atlanta United striker managed to set a new record in the history of the United States league by scoring in the game against New York FC.
Josef Martinez start to the 2019 MLS season was not the best one as the Atlanta United striker stumble in his wake to the scoring side, as he failed to score in the beginning, but once he reached the 10th game of the season, Martinez hasn't stopped scoring.
The striker arrived at the MLS 23 week in search of expanding the record he already holds, since he's the player with the most consecutive game's scoring in the league, and on Sunday, August 11, the Atlanta United star, extended his mark to ten matches.
Josef opened the scoreboard at the 42nd minute after a great assist from Gressel, to net his first goal of the night, to add one more from the penalty spot in the second half.
Since Martinez landed in the States, he has stolen the spotlight with his quality and scoring instinct, reaching a total of 74 goals in 84 games played with an average of .90 goal per game, the highest in MLS history.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest