Atlanta United, Josef Martinez earns a new MLS record
The Atlanta United striker managed to set a new record in the history of the United States league by scoring in the game against New York FC.
Josef Martinez start to the 2019 MLS season was not the best one as the Atlanta United striker stumble in his wake to the scoring side, as he failed to score in the beginning, but once he reached the 10th game of the season, Martinez hasn't stopped scoring.
The striker arrived at the MLS 23 week in search of expanding the record he already holds, since he's the player with the most consecutive game's scoring in the league, and on Sunday, August 11, the Atlanta United star, extended his mark to ten matches.
Josef opened the scoreboard at the 42nd minute after a great assist from Gressel, to net his first goal of the night, to add one more from the penalty spot in the second half.
Since Martinez landed in the States, he has stolen the spotlight with his quality and scoring instinct, reaching a total of 74 goals in 84 games played with an average of .90 goal per game, the highest in MLS history.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year