Atlanta United, Josef Martinez earns a new MLS record
The Atlanta United striker managed to set a new record in the history of the United States league by scoring in the game against New York FC.
Josef Martinez start to the 2019 MLS season was not the best one as the Atlanta United striker stumble in his wake to the scoring side, as he failed to score in the beginning, but once he reached the 10th game of the season, Martinez hasn't stopped scoring.
The striker arrived at the MLS 23 week in search of expanding the record he already holds, since he's the player with the most consecutive game's scoring in the league, and on Sunday, August 11, the Atlanta United star, extended his mark to ten matches.
Josef opened the scoreboard at the 42nd minute after a great assist from Gressel, to net his first goal of the night, to add one more from the penalty spot in the second half.
Since Martinez landed in the States, he has stolen the spotlight with his quality and scoring instinct, reaching a total of 74 goals in 84 games played with an average of .90 goal per game, the highest in MLS history.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week