United target Iñaki Williams pens new nine-year Athletic contract
Iñaki Williams was linked with Manchester United last week, but his Athletic Bilbao release clause is now €135million in a new contract.
Athletic Bilbao have tied star striker Iñaki Williams to a new nine-year deal, keeping him at the club until 2028.
Williams was already contracted to the LaLiga side until 2025 but agreed an extension on Monday, a short statement confirmed.
The 25-year-old had been linked with Manchester United in the closing days of the Premier League transfer window as Romelu Lukaku departed Old Trafford for Inter.
But Williams stayed at San Mames and his release clause has now risen from €108million to €135m.
The one-cap Spain international enjoyed his best scoring season in LaLiga last term, netting 13 times in 38 matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year