Alisson out for next few weeks, says Klopp
Jurgen Klopp hopes Alisson's relatively unblemished injury history will help him to make a speedy recovery from his calf problem.
Liverpool will be without Alisson for the "next few weeks" but Jurgen Klopp is hopeful the Brazil goalkeeper will be a quick healer.
Alisson suffered a calf injury while taking a goal kick during last Friday's opening 4-1 Premier League win over Norwich City.
It means close-season recruit Adrian will be between the posts when Liverpool contest the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea in Istanbul on Wednesday.
Although Klopp was unable to give a specific return date for Alisson, he suggested reports of a six-week absence could be wide of the mark.
Klopp: We'll see how Alisson develops
"[It's] Not too cool. It's a calf injury which takes him obviously out for a while," he told Liverpool's official website.
"I don't want to make now [an] exact prognosis on when he will be back, but it will not be tomorrow for sure, so now then we have to see. It takes a while, it takes a couple [of] weeks for sure, and we have to see.
"I saw already [people saying] six weeks and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career, so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now. But he is not in for the next few weeks."
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year