Alisson out for next few weeks, says Klopp
Jurgen Klopp hopes Alisson's relatively unblemished injury history will help him to make a speedy recovery from his calf problem.
Liverpool will be without Alisson for the "next few weeks" but Jurgen Klopp is hopeful the Brazil goalkeeper will be a quick healer.
Alisson suffered a calf injury while taking a goal kick during last Friday's opening 4-1 Premier League win over Norwich City.
It means close-season recruit Adrian will be between the posts when Liverpool contest the UEFA Super Cup against Chelsea in Istanbul on Wednesday.
Although Klopp was unable to give a specific return date for Alisson, he suggested reports of a six-week absence could be wide of the mark.
Klopp: We'll see how Alisson develops
"[It's] Not too cool. It's a calf injury which takes him obviously out for a while," he told Liverpool's official website.
"I don't want to make now [an] exact prognosis on when he will be back, but it will not be tomorrow for sure, so now then we have to see. It takes a while, it takes a couple [of] weeks for sure, and we have to see.
"I saw already [people saying] six weeks and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career, so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now. But he is not in for the next few weeks."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?