Neymar: Barcelona officials fly to Paris for talks with PSG
The Catalan radio station RAC1 says a delegation of Barça officials is to sit down with PSG sporting director Leonardo today.
Barcelona have stepped up their attempts to take Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar back to the Camp Nou, the Catalan radio station RAC1 has today revealed, with Blaugrana officials reportedly on their way to the French capital to submit the club's first formal offer for the Brazil international.
Barcelona and PSG's first face-to-face negotiations
Barça's delegation is being led by director Javier Bordas, whose influence at the LaLiga champions has been strengthened by the recent resignation of sporting vice-president Jodri Mestre. The travelling party additionally includes the Brazilian intermediary André Cury, who was also a key figure in Neymar's 2013 move to the club from Santos, and the player's switch to PSG two years ago.
Although nothing is expected to be finalised when, as is anticipated, they sit down with PSG sporting director Leonardo de Araujo today, the trip does represent the next step forward in Barça's pursuit of the 27-year-old, in what would be the first official, face-to-face talks between the two clubs.
Barcelona eyeing Neymar part-exchange or loan
Barcelona's intention is to broker a part-exchange or loan deal for the star. While a cash-only transfer remains PSG's preference, they could well end up accepting a money-plus-players offer, with Barça willing to use Philippe Coutinho as a makeweight but so far refusing to countenance the inclusion of Nelson Semedo, who Paris are said to be keen on.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year