"Neymar will go to Real Madrid if he can't join Barcelona"
The Brazilian journalist Marcelo Bechler says Neymar's preference would be a Barça return, but if that isn't possible, he won't hesitate to go to Madrid.
Marcelo Bechler, a prominent Brazilian sports journalist with close links to Neymar's camp, says the forward would prefer to return to Barcelona this summer, but will have no hesitation in taking up an offer from Real Madrid if the Blaugrana cannot agree a deal with Paris Saint-Germain.
With Neymar keen to end his two-season spell at PSG and the Ligue 1 champions equally eager to offload the Brazil international, LaLiga arch rivals Barça and Madrid are shaping up as the player's only possible destinations this close season.
Bechler: Neymar's first choice would be Barcelona - but...
Speaking to the Cadena SER radio programme El Larguero on Monday night, Bechler said: "PSG want to bring in as much money as they can for Neymar, and want to sell him as soon as possible. If there are offers from both Barcelona and Real Madrid, Neymar's choice would be Barça.
"Neymar wants two things: firstly to leave PSG, and secondly to play for Barcelona - but he'll go to Madrid if he can't join Barça. He'd have no other option."
Barcelona in French capital on Tuesday for PSG talks
Barcelona, who are attempting to broker either a loan or a part-exchange deal for the 27-year-old, reportedly sent a delegation of officials to Paris on Tuesday to submit their opening formal bid to PSG sporting director Leonardo de Araujo.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Isco in the midst of another baffling season at Real Madrid
- CHELSEA Lampard looking at the bigger picture with Pulisic
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract