Perisic: Bayern Munich sign Inter winger on loan
After four years with Inter, Ivan Perisic is returning to the Bundesliga to join reigning champions Bayern Munich.
Bayern Munich have signed Ivan Perisic on a season-long loan from Inter, with an option to make the deal permanent next year.
The 30-year-old joined Inter in 2015 and has been a regular starter during his four years at San Siro, scoring eight goals in Serie A last term.
He will provide competition to Serge Gnabry and Kingsley Coman at the Allianz Arena and could be included in Bayern's opening league game against Hertha Berlin on Friday.
Bayern needed to strengthen out wide after Ribéry, Robben exits
Head coach Niko Kovac has been in the market for at least one new wide forward following the departures of Franck Ribéry and Arjen Robben at the end of the 2018-19 campaign.
Bayern's hopes of signing Manchester City's Leroy Sané in this transfer window were effectively scuppered last week following the news he will be out for six to seven months after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his right knee.
Perisic has previously played in the Bundesliga, initially for Borussia Dortmund before joining Wolfsburg midway through the 2012-13 season.
He has made 82 appearances for Croatia and starred at the 2018 World Cup, scoring in the semi-final against England and in the final defeat to France.
"I am very happy to be back in Germany," Perisic told Bayern's official website.
"Bayern is one of the biggest clubs in Europe. We want to attack not only in the Bundesliga and in the DFB-Pokal, but also in the Champions League."
"I'm sure Ivan will integrate quickly" - Bayern sporting director
Bayern's sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic added: "Ivan will help us with his many years of experience at an international top level immediately.
"He is technically strong and flexible in attack. I'm sure Ivan will integrate quickly as he already knows the Bundesliga and our coach Niko Kovac well."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?
- GEORGE FLOYD PROTESTS George Floyd protests live updates | Minneapolis, US riots, reactions, Trump, Anonymous...
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: what to do if the payment is sent but the mail has not arrived
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: Republicans having doubts about another $1,200 payment