Barcelona: Neto ruled out for up to two months
Iñaki Pena, 20, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
Barcelona have ruled goalkeeper Neto out for up to eight weeks with a fractured left wrist.
The new signing underwent an operation on Tuesday after suffering the injury prior to the 4-0 weekend win over Napoli in Michigan.
Neto joined Barca from Valencia in June as Jasper Cillessen moved in the opposite direction.
His absence leaves the LaLiga champions without an experienced competitor for first-choice Marc-Andre ter Stegen ahead of Friday's season opener against Athletic Bilbao.
Iñaki Peña to be promoted from Barça B
Iñaki Peña, 20, who deputised for Ter Stegen during Cillessen's injury layoff last season, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
The timescale placed on Neto's recovery could keep him out until after the international break in October.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Mario Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on a free
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kevin De Bruyne: "I feel good and I'm still getting better"
- BARCELONA Víctor Valdés pulls Barcelona Under-19s out of Everton game for health concerns
- ENGLAND Ashley Cole retires from football: his career in numbers
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid steal a march on Barcelona in the race for Neymar
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid still have not confirmed that the Trofeo Bernabéu will not go ahead this year