Barcelona: Neto ruled out for up to two months
Iñaki Pena, 20, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
Barcelona have ruled goalkeeper Neto out for up to eight weeks with a fractured left wrist.
The new signing underwent an operation on Tuesday after suffering the injury prior to the 4-0 weekend win over Napoli in Michigan.
Neto joined Barca from Valencia in June as Jasper Cillessen moved in the opposite direction.
His absence leaves the LaLiga champions without an experienced competitor for first-choice Marc-Andre ter Stegen ahead of Friday's season opener against Athletic Bilbao.
Iñaki Peña to be promoted from Barça B
Iñaki Peña, 20, who deputised for Ter Stegen during Cillessen's injury layoff last season, is expected to be promoted from Barcelona B after travelling with Ernesto Valverde's squad to the United States.
The timescale placed on Neto's recovery could keep him out until after the international break in October.
Te recomendamos en English
- MAN UNITED-LIVERPOOL Mourinho says Liverpool boss Klopp 'didn't like the menu' at Man Utd
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jovic concerns continue after Mallorca defeat
- PREMIER LEAGUE Rashford's goal showed all the problems with VAR - Klopp
- REAL MADRID My lovely horse: Odriozola buys a racehorse before Mallorca game
- BARCELONA Barcelona trio come to life: 13 goals between them so far
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United chief says Glazers not selling amid reported Saudi Crown Prince interest