Russell Wilson invests in the Seattle Sounders
The Seahawks quarterback, Russell Wilson, alongside with his wife, the singer Ciara, are part of the Seattle Sounders' new investment team.
The Seattle Seahawks quarterback, Russell Wilson announced through his official Twitter account he and his wife, singer Ciara, joined the ownership team of the city MLS side, the Sounders FC. Wilson and Ciara are part of the group of investors led by former Microsoft executive Terry Myerson and his wife, Katie Myerson.
"This is just the beginning of what we plan to do together in the world of sports and entertainment," read a Wilson and Ciara statement.
Football. Fútbol. We Love them both! @ciara and I are fired up to announce we are Team Owners of the Seattle @SoundersFC one of the best soccer franchises in the world! We can’t wait for our kids to grow up loving Soccer! Family is everything! #SoundersIsFamily ⚽️💚💙 pic.twitter.com/LbOCt7WI5i— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) August 13, 2019
Wilson's move to the Major League Soccer was seen coming as he had been looking for this opportunity for quite some time. He previously held a partnership arrangement for a basketball court in Seattle and is part of a baseball stadium project in Portland, Oregon.
"We are fired up about the Seattle Sounders because it's our home. It's the place we get to raise our kids and the place we are forever connected to; we want to have the world's best soccer players play here in Seattle and win championships!" concluded Russell Wilson.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?